3hour Cruise Volcano-Hot Springs from the Old Port Afternoon Tour
Reach the top of the volcano where the active craters are located. There you can take pictures, see the rocks still smoking, where it strongly smells brimstone.
GUIDED VOLCANO TOUR
VOLCANO ENTRANCE FEE
A good choice for someone to visit the volcano of Santorini, without spending enough time and money, is the following tour.
The boat departs daily from the old port of Fira at 11.00 in the morning. After a 10-minute short trip, the boat arrives at the port of Erinia which is the name of the small bay of the active volcano. The ship will remain there for 1 hour and 15 minutes and if you want, you can follow the small path to reach the top where the active craters are located. There you can take pictures, see the rocks still smoking, where it strongly smells brimstone.
After your return back to the ship, we depart for the island of Palaia Kameni where the hot springs are located , the famous natural mud baths, which have been created after the volcanic eruptions. In the small bay of St.Nickolas,the water temperature varies from 30 to 35 degrees Celcius , as it constantly mixes with the normal seawater.
The ship remains there for about 30 minutes and you have the opportunity for swimming. It’s quite a time since there is no beach but you should climb down the stairs of the boat. You have to swim about 30 meters until the interior of the small bay of the Hot Springs. After the swimming at the thermal waters, the boat returns back to the same port at 14.00.
Extra Tour Info
- Max passengers: 100.
- It is required to be at the Old Port 20minutes before the tour departure.
- The old port is accessible only: By Cable Car (Adult: 6€ p/p p/way, Child: 3€ p/p p/way). The cable car travels up & down the Caldera cliffs of Fira for a total of 3 minutes ride. By donkey the ride takes about 20″ – 30″ (6 euro per person / way, we recommend you to take the ride going up), By foot About 30 minutes’ walk depending on how fit you are.
- Not recommended to people with limited mobility.
- What to bring: Sturdy shoes (sneakers / plastic sole), Summer clothing (shorts / tee shirt), Swimsuit & towel, Sunblock & hat, Money for drinks on board & entrance fee to the Volcano.
- No cancellation fee will be charged for cancellation before the release period.
- Free cancellation up to 24h prior the confirmed tour date.
- For a no-show, 100% of the amount is charged.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
For all cancellations or changes, we require having an email notification at [email protected]
MORE SUGGESTIONS FOR
Organized Tours & Experiences
Catamaran-Semi Private Sunset Blue Cruise
You will embark from the marina of Vlychada and start sailing towards the Red and White beaches to admire the unique formations.
Thalassa-Sunset Dinner Cruise
Our guide will lead you up to explore the rim of the volcanic crater from where most of the volcanic layers are visible on the impressive steep inner walls of the caldera.
Eat & Walk Food Tour-Sunset Tour
You will have the opportunity to taste Santorini & Greek food, street food, local mezes, classic Greek dishes, local craft beer, wine and raki.